There is an opening for a “Research Library Internship” in Gainesville. According to their website, Naylor, LLC is a media research and advertising company. Their website is located at http://www.naylor.com/.
5950 NW 1st Place
Gainesville, FL, 32607
Tel (800) 369-6220 Fax (352) 331-3525
The Research Library Internship provides the opportunity for students to gain knowledge and experience working in a media company library. Interns will work directly with the Marketing and Research department to maintain the research library which is used by employees throughout the company. Internships are available summer, fall and spring semesters. Naylor, LLC is North America’s leading provider of business-to-business media solutions for trade and professional associations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain the research library by cataloguing new publications, maintaining check-in/check-out desk, as well as organizing and filing publications.
• Review circulation of subscriptions when up for renewal for renewal recommendation
• Work with the Marketing Manager on subscription budget for the department to analyze and develop recommendations to determine whether or not a subscription should be renewed.
• Provide suggestions for improved efficiencies to research library and implement efficiencies
• Responsible for distribution of weekly publication shipments for internal and remote office employees.
• Conduct research to identify potential publications and media to improve the selection of offerings in the library.
• Assist Sales Associates with the functional aspects of the library including finding sales leads and researching industries.
• Students entering sophomore, junior or senior year of a higher learning institution.
• Library sciences, English, Liberal Arts or related majors are preferred.
• Strong time-management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in a variety of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel proficiency in conducting Internet searches with a variety of search engines.
• Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
This may be an interesting fieldwork experience for a special library focused student. The job announcement is available HERE, or at https://www4.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/naylor/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=10347&esid=az